- 250 INR
- 250.00 - 500.00 INR
- Stainless Steel Products
- Stainless Steel
- Steel Bars
- UNS S32205 / 31803 / 329
- 10mm dia to 300mm dia Millimeter (mm)
- Exp / Polished / Black
- Round bar Millimeter (mm)
- 1 Milligram (mg)
- Silver, Brown, Black
The duplex structure gives this family of stainless steels a combination of attractive properties:
Strength: Duplex stainless steels are about twice as strong as regular austenitic or ferritic stainless steels.
Toughness and ductility: Duplex stainless steels have significantly better toughness and ductility than ferritic grades; however, they do not reach the excellent values of austenitic grades.
Corrosion resistance: As with all stainless steels, corrosion resistance depends mostly on the composition of the stainless steel. For chloride pitting and crevice corrosion resistance, their chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen content are most important. Duplex stainless steel grades 2205 / 31803 / 329 have a range of corrosion resistance, similar to the range for austenitic stainless steels, i.e from Type 304 or 316 (e.g. LDX 2101) to 6% molybdenum (e.g. SAF 2507) stainless steels.
Stress corrosion cracking resistance: Duplex stainless steels show very good stress corrosion cracking (SCC) resistance, a property they have inherited from the ferritic side. SCC can be a problem under certain circumstances (chlorides, humidity, elevated temperature) for standard austenitics such as Types 304 and 316.
Cost: Duplex stainless steels have lower nickel and molybdenum contents than their austenitic counterparts of similar corrosion resistance. Due to the lower alloying content, duplex stainless steels can be lower in cost, especially in times of high alloy surcharges. Additionally, it may often be possible to reduce the section thickness of duplex stainless steel, due to its increased yield strength compared to austenitic stainless steel. The combination can lead to significant cost and weight savings compared to a solution in austenitic stainless steels.
Please download the updated brochure "Practical Guidelines for the Fabrication of Duplex Stainless Steels" for more information.
- Per Day
- 2 - 3 Days
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Plastic Wrap
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- Jharkhand, South India, Odisha, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, Pondicherry, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, West India, Manipur, North India, Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Daman and Diu, Tripura, Telangana, Goa, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya, Kerala, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Central India, Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Mizoram, East India, Sikkim, Nagaland, Gujarat, Lakshadweep, All India
- With Lab TC
20/9, Joshi bhavan, 1st Floor, 6th Khetwadi, S. V. P. Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400004, India